I'm excited to post this recipe! These muffins were so yummy and moist. I made them into mini muffins so I could grab a few on the go for breakfast. They remind me of those bags of Hostess mini muffins. I used to love those as a kid. They melt in your mouth instantly…but they're super unhealthy and have all kinds of crazy ingredients to make them that consistency.
These banana mini muffins have no sugar, only organic honey and whole wheat flour. I also added some Chia seeds for added fiber, Omega 3 and protein. This was an easy swap since they're tasty and filling. They were also a great way to get rid of our brown bananas!
The day I made these, sunshine was pouring in from our windows. It's been so refreshing walking into my kitchen in the morning and seeing the sun flood the room. I'm so thankful for warm weather. Summers in Chicago really are the best. With the winter we recently had, I'm set on making the most of the warm weather! I hope you get a chance to make these healthy banana muffins! Enjoy :)
2 1/2 cups of Whole Wheat flour
1 1/2 tspn of baking powder
1 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn salt
2 cups mashed banana (About 4-5 overripe bananas)
3/4 cup raw or organic honey
1/2 cup coconut oil (slightly melted, microwaved for 10 sec)
2 tspn vanilla
1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
1 tbs chia seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 390 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl mix together mashed bananas, honey, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add yogurt and the rest of the dried ingredients plus the chia seeds. Mix until well combined.
5. Divide batter into mini muffin tins, filling about 2/3 of the way. Bake for 13-18 minutes until tops are golden brown.